Since 2014, we have been working with the Food Standards Agency (FSA) Communications as a blended team to engage consumers via 3rd party influencers. Jointly, we developed a partnership strategy to create ‘active consumers’ who know their rights when it comes to food and how to stay safe. Working across multiple campaigns, we co-create messaging and content, and define target audiences, as well as managing partner contact.
More recently we have been supporting the FSA with stakeholder engagement and messaging in the context of the new market and the future role of Food Standards.
On the partnership front, we now engage and manage over 60 active relationships with national supermarkets, trade bodies and commercial brands, high street retailers and charities – including big name organisations such as Disney and Sainsbury’s. Our work means that the FSA now reaches over 1 million citizens. Partnership activity revolves around big themes such as Food Safety Week’s focus on campylobacter and seasonal themes such as how to BBQ burgers.
Example outcomes of the drive to halve cases of campylobacter poisoning:
- Co-created the ‘Chicken Challenge’ – a joint consumer/industry drive to halve the number of cases of campylobacter poisoning
- Secured 16 partners including eight national supermarkets
- Nearly 5 million people were made aware of the Chicken Challenge through the participation of partners
- Engaged via digital and social media, in-store media and staff communications
- Awareness of campylobacter was 42% among those who recall Food Safety Week activity, compared to 31% among those who did not
Contributing to a forecast reduction of around 400 cases, representing economic savings of at least half a million pounds.
Read another case study:
Breast Cancer UK
IKANO Bank UK
Islington Youth Council
Lincoln Castle & Heritage Skills Centre
Public Health England Drinking in Pregnancy
Shelter Commissioner Engagement
TATA Consultancy Services
The Palace of Westminster
Voluntary Services Overseas Shelter
Yorkshire Building Society Group